9.28.2010

- 1 to Designboom Mart Valencia 2010


Greetings from Valencia!

The whole day has been quite packed and fun.
It's actually my 1st time visiting Valencia as I'd been trying to visit for several of times but I kept failing on that.

Today is Monday, and I had to worked my part time job on teaching a little today that made me woke up earlier than I wanted to.
The weather in Madrid was quite windy yet sunny for around 18 centigrades, I spent my morning running here and there to make some preparations fixed.

My friend Fia, who's about to help us in Valencia decided to catch a train from Madrid ( Atocha Renfe ), so we met there and began our design week journey.

Did I tell you how heavy my luggage was?
This was the exact bags I had when I came to Spain 2 years ago. (Minus the orange bag, as a replacement for my other laptop bag)









I mentioned it earlier that it is my first visit, so I barely know this city and we were actually kinda lost and stranded. To our surprise that people here are very helpful, they kept telling me where to go, showing us, walk with us blocks and blocks away.
I know I'm exagerratin on this, but this what it seen in any fairy tale.


This is our Hostel bedroom, we're staying in Russafa Youth Hostal, and the place is quite chic.
They hang a piece of Frida Kahlo between our bed... Jose, the owner is super nice and it feels quite homy here actually! And .... it's 15 mins walking to the Mercado de Colon, where the exhibition will take place.

And here it is, I GOT SHIVERED!
The place is beautiful..............
It's an honor to be part of this Designboom event.



I'm not sure which is my table, be meeting the committee tomorrow at 12.

Nope, it's not any of the participants work... It's just one inspiring piece from Lladro.
Loving it.

The battery goes low and it's 1:10...
I need to get to bed right now and prepare myself for the big day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment