3.23.2011

The Up-cycle Project


My friend Farid Rakun just handed me a 30 days Closet Up-cycle Project last week.
The idea is, re-make some old clothes in the closet to make a brand new things to wear.
Anything wearable or usable.

This is quite challenging.

In the last 2 weeks, when I arrived Bandung.. the place where I work, I opened my closet and I was quite disappointed to see my old clothes.
Now I understand how I was too much into vintageous - second hand - flea market thingy.
I decided to keep some stuffs and do charity on some others.
Not that I wanted to wear them again, some styles are just too far gone out...there were lotsa dresses or shirts that has interesting fabrics, patterns, and colors.

A week after, Farid's call had shocked me.. how it fits for my needs of re-do all of these junks.
Frankly, I know nothing about fashion designing.
I don't sow, I don't manage the sewing machine, ok I knit ( for beginner ) and I cut ( with scissors, who doesn't? ) , and just like some other younglings in this modern era, I'm into Do-It-Yourself as well.

Let's see how I can manage my time for Kandura working (in the morning )and this 30 days project (in the afternoon)

Here's some youtube d-i-y video I embed that are interesting to see, and copy!
(it's legal isn't it? I'mnot obligated to invent or design.... right? )

Anyway, I have a wedding to attend this Saturday!
Have no idea what to wear, thinkin to do my 1st work of Up-cycle!

Wish me luck!














No comments:

Post a Comment